Hey WAD Famiglia! A heads up, from Coach JDW, and Baby JOJO…
Got an idea for HQ3? Share it with us THIS WEEK!
It’s time to DO the IMPOSSIBLE!! #DOTHEIMPOSSIBLEBofLV2018
Have you gotten in your votes today?? Let’s win BOTH categories!!
FRIENDLY REMINDER: We need the power of every single WADBOD member (and family, and friends…) to vote strong UNTIL AUGUST 9TH, if we are to show that WADBOD is the BEST FITNESS CENTER, and Best Alternative Fitness Center in Las Vegas! It truly is a David and Goliath battle, as we go up against the behemoth LVAC for the honor. WE CAN DO IT!!!
VOTE: “Best Fitness Center ” and “Best Alternative Fitness Center” JUST CLICK ON THE PIC BELOW!!
DAMN THAT WAS FUN!!
HELL YEA to EVERYONE that came out to enjoy an exhilaratingly good time at GRAVADY Trampoline Park on Saturday! Life is too short not to enjoy the fruits of our labor. Keep your eyes peeled in future newsletters for our next WAD ADVENTURE!
FIRST COME, FIRST GAINED!!!
Coach JASON and Coach IJANA are looking for 3 athletes to work with to do 4 complementary personal sessions. You can work any movement or mobility, and with either coach that you would like, but Coach JASON will have a gymnastics/mobility focus, and Coach IJANA will have a barbell focus. You will schedule 1 personal session per week in the month of August with one of our amazing coaches. We are taking applications this week. Reply to this email, or text me, if you are interested.
EVERYONE please welcome RYAN to the FAM!
MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: TODD!!!
A few awesome HELL YEA’s about TODD:
- He is kinda smart. He has a degree in Nuclear Medicine.
- He is the self-proclaimed “best baller” (basketball that is) in WADBOD. His words. Not mine.
- He has passed on his work ethic to his son, Colt, who is also in our WADKIDS class.
- Who is your immediate family?
- TODD: Las vegas Scorpions 11u baseball team/parents. Outside of wadbod, I talk to a couple of buddies from the military and work, but all my time is spent with my sons baseball team and the other parents. I am also a coach of the team. We had a dog that died about a year ago. We had him for 10.5 yrs. He was an american bulldog,weighed 120 lbs but he was a lap dog. Lol, he was another part of our family.
- Do you have any passionate hobbies, or business, outside of WADBOD?
- TODD: I used to like playing softball competitively. I always played basketball and flag football. I grappled and kickboxed for years and eventually led to me training in MMA. However, my kids have took precedence to my hobbies. I literally work, come to wadbod, and coach my sons baseball team. Outside of that, I still love going to the movies and beating Colt in ping pong.
- Who was the first member to make you feel welcome at WADBOD?
- TODD: Jason juadines. Great guy. A truly sincere guy. Always made me and colt feel welcome. I can’t thank him enough.
- What is your most proud accomplishment to date?
- TODD: My increased mobility. I cannot overhead squat or snatch as much as I’d like, but I’m proud of my GAINZ so far. I’m not where I need to be but in due time.
- “WHY” do you train?
- TODD: I want to be stronger, faster, and better than my son at everything as long as I can. He always calls me an old man.
HQ3 UPDATE! The saga continues….
Last minute, we decided not to enter into the agreement, and potentially get into the property and not have permission to operate WADBOD. Since Terrible Herbst withdrew their application for the gas station, we were concerned that this might affect our application to rezone the property. FORTUNATELY, we have the amazing Michele Fiore on our side! On Monday (yesterday), we had another meeting with the councilwoman to hear her thoughts, and she has told us that we still have her full support! Our next step is to inquire with the planning department if a variance is possible to operate WADBOD, and live on the residence. If it is possible, we will then need to go “door to door” to see if we can get the surrounding neighbors to support our application for a variance. And finally, apply to be put on the council agenda to vote on our variance. And last but not least, somewhere in the process we need to get the owner to come down to earth on a purchase price for the property. NO BIG DEAL! WORK ethic is our middle name.
The WADBOD WAY excerpt of the week…own up to the “CAN’T JAR”. Keep yourself accountable to your word.
Friendly reminder: All donations to the “CAN’T JAR” are donated to our charity of choice.
TAKIN’ IT BACK TO…OUR EPIC MOVIE. Just in case you need some inspiration today. BIG LOVE to RUBIE for this amazing creation.
NEED A MASSAGE? Contact KASEY! 702-378-3558
Member Referral Program
For every member referral that joins WADBOD, you will be entered into a raffle to win a complementary month of membership!
OUR ROAD TO HQ3
Our mission is to provide the ultimate wellness center of all time…and the next evolution starts with HQ3.