Hey WAD Famiglia! A heads up, from Coach JDW and Baby JOJO…
Train to be a role model! Because they are always watching!
Behind your health, there is nothing more important than FAMILY. Carpe WAD and build a stronger family this week!!
This WEDNESDAY! TOMORROW!! One special 10AM session on 4th of JULY!!!
FREE TIX in the Market! Saturday JULY 14th! House of Blues!! Be there!!!
Let’s support our multitalented Coach JASON and his new band The Revival at the House of Blues! If you haven’t seen him in concert yet, he puts on an amazing show! We will all meet in front of the House of Blues (in the Mandalay Bay).
NEW WADBOD POLICY…NO DROPPING 10lb. plates.
Our 10 lb. plates need to be shown some love! If you ONLY have 10 lb. plates on your bar, then there will be no dropping of the bar from the rack position or overhead. ALSO, be sure to retighten your weight with the clips if they have come loose within the workout. Let’s take care of the equipment that takes care of us!
KNOW YOUR POTATOES WEIGHT!
Be sure to address what weight you will use for the Potatoes potion of the workout BEFORE the session begins. Having to make a quick decision with multiple people is not the responsible approach we like to have at WADBOD. Know before you go!
COMING ATTRACTION! Coach IJANA!!
Our powerhouse and always contributing member IJANA will soon be a Coach! Wish her the best as she takes on the rigorous CrossFit Level-1 Exam. It is the most in-depth and comprehensive professional fitness certification requiring knowledge of everything from the anatomy, physiology, nutrition, and psychology of training.
MEMBER mike SPOTLIGHT: my beautiful wife JESS!
A few awesome HELL YEA’s about JESS:
- Despite never playing “traditional sports”, she is an incredibly gifted CrossFit athlete. And what better sport to be good at, than being incredibly capable!
- She trained her whole pregnancy with JO (of course, doing movements that were appropriate), and had a “natural” birth with no epidural (with my amazing coaching, of course).
- She keeps our life in order. So if you ever want to schedule something, she is the one to ask ;-).
- She LOVES beer…and wine…and dogs.
- Who is your immediate family?
- JESS: Johnny & Jolene. I do have my parents who are both alive and well and my brother and his family here in Vegas also.
- Do you have any passionate hobbies outside of WADBOD?
- JESS: I love cooking, organizing, being active in associations for my work, traveling, showing Jolene the world, hanging out with my family (everyone lives in Vegas fortunately), Rescuing/adopting dogs (part of HQ3 will be a dog rescue ranch).
- Who was the first member to make you feel welcome at WADBOD?
- JESS: Funny question for me to answer… I was hesitant in the beginning because it’s really hard for me to take direction from John. After a little bit though, I realized he is very talented and knows what he is doing, so I gave in. The member to make me feel most welcome everyday is Max! I love when he jumps up to say hello and he runs out to our car when we arrive at WADBOD. He really is such a good boy and I love him so much! His greeting before every session puts a smile on my face and gets me into a good mood no matter what.
- What is your most proud accomplishment to date?
- JESS: Being a mom, working full time and training! Those three combined = success for me. It’s a lot, and there are many days when I think it’s just too much, but I keep going because all three give me character and make me well rounded… I think – haha!
- “WHY” do you train?
- JESS: I train because I feel like if I was in a situation where I needed to defend myself or Jolene I know my strength and I could confidently make the best decision for whatever situation I am in. That really is the main reason. We feel pain on a daily basis (it hurst so good) and I know what it feels like to be uncomfortable and keep on going. To me, knowing that I can move my body and objects in ways I never thought about before is why I keep pushing to be and do better.
It’s go time! May the negotiation gods get us a fair deal! We will be talking to the owner of the warehouse property this weekend to discuss us purchasing his property. There is still much to be done to get the city of las vegas zoning to approve us, and the offer on the property will be “contingent on getting zoning to approve us”, but keep your fingers and toes crossed that we can first come to to an agreement with the owner!
The WADBOD WAY excerpt of the week…clean up after yourself! YES, wipe the chalk of your bar and pull-up bar.
TAKIN’ IT BACK TO…#GREENWAFFLES!
Breakfast of WAD Champions!!
Member Referral Program
For every member referral that joins WADBOD, you will be entered into a raffle to win a complementary month of membership!
OUR ROAD TO HQ3
Our mission is to provide the ultimate wellness center of all time…and the next evolution starts with HQ3.